'Eggy Pie' Quiche
This is so much easier to make then you’d think. I remember the first time I decided to make this a number of years ago, I thought it was going to be a real faff! But then 10mins later it was in the oven cooking itself! Affectionately known by my toddler as 'Eggy Pie', this was a pepper, tomato & cheese quiche, served with herby potatoes, salad & cottage cheese.
Whatever filling you like!
1. Line a dish with the pastry, cover with baking paper and lay uncooked rice/baking beans over the top.
2. Blind bake* pastry in the oven for 15mins. Take out the baking paper, rice/beans and place back in the oven for 5mins longer.
3. Whisk the eggs, cream & herbs together.
4. Once the 5mins is up, take pastry out the oven.
5. Place fillings into the middle, pour egg mixture over the top.
6. Place back in the oven and bake for 30-40mins until knife comes out of the centre clean.
*blind bake just means to cook the pastry before the filling is added
For more recipes, click: