Whether you follow baby-led weaning or not, porridge fingers are a great food for babies once they are onto solids. You can adapt flavourings to suit all tastes. Some recipes use the microwave but we've found the oven makes them even scrummier!
1 cup of oats
1/2 cup of milk
a little desiccated coconut
3 chopped prunes
Small handful of chopped dried cranberries.
1. Mix all ingredients together until it's a thick consistency that is wet but mouldable.
2. Put on a greased baking sheet and place in the oven until it's firm on top but still ever so slightly squishy.
3. Flip it and bake the other side for 5mins.
4. Cut into finger shapes whilst still hot.
5. Leave to cool and serve as a delicious breakfast or snack!
For more recipes, click: