Sugar Free Christmas Cakes
A wonderful festive treat! Leave off the topping and you have the recipe to a lovely fruit loaf for packed lunches!
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried cranberries (chopped)
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
4 chopped prunes
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup agave (optional)
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. Place raisins, dried cranberries, almonds, apricots, prunes, mixed spice, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg & orange juice into a bowl and mix.
2. Leave to ferment for 30mins, then remove the 6 cloves.
3. Mix in the eggs, olive oil and agave.
4. Combine the flour and baking powder, then gradually stir the flour mix into the fruit mix, until you have a smooth cake batter.
5. Spoon the mixture into a mini loaf tin or muffin tin will be fine.
6. Place in the oven on 180c for 15-20mins, until browning slightly on top and a knife comes out the centre clean.
7. Leave to cool.
For the Topping:
Leave a tin a coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
Take out and spoon off the top of the cream into a bowl, add 2 tbsp double cream and whisk until you have a thick, smooth coconut cream to spread over the top of each Christmas Cake.
For more recipes, click: